SEAKERS Refresher & Rescue Course Opportunity and Service Project Weekend
Time & Location
About The Event
SEAKERS Refresher & Rescue Course Opportunity and Service Project Weekend will be held at the Blue Stone Dive Resort in Thomasville, NC. ( 3179 Cunningham Road, Thomasville, NC) This is only about an hour from Concord! We will be at the Quarry on Friday September 27, Saturday September 28 and Sunday September 29, 2019. This weekend will be a great way for all those divers who have not been in the water for a while to tune up your Scuba Skills. We will also be offering a Rescue Course for those that want to develop higher level Scuba Skills. The best part about this weekend is we will have an opportunity to serve others while diving! See the details below about each activity.
1. Rescue Course: This requires two days of academics and they will be held on September 17 and 18 from 5-10 pm at Crossroads Church in Room 200. There is a one day open water portion of your training that will be on September 27 or September 28 and will be done at the Blue Stone Dive Resort. The cost of this course is $375.00; which includes the cost of entry into the Dive Resort. You will need mask, fins, booties, snorkel, BCD, weights, and regulator. Tank and air will be provided. If you do not have your own personal gear it is available to rent from Blue Stone Dive Resort. Please RSVP if you would to participate in the Rescue Course.
2. Refresher Course: This requires a one day of open water training that will be held on September 27 or September 29 at Blue Stone Dive Resort. The cost of this course is $100.00; which includes entry into the Dive Resort. You will need mask, fins, booties, snorkel, BCD, weights and regulator. Tank and air will be provided. If you do not have your own personal gear it is available to rent from Blue Stone Dive Resort. Please RSVP if you would to participate in the Refresher Course.
3. Service Project: We will be participating in a couple of different service projects during the weekend on September 27, 28 and 29th. We will be doing area beautification on Friday and Saturday; so you do not have to be a scuba diver to participate. On Friday and Sunday we will be doing underwater attraction maintenance on the sunken helicopters and airplanes. Please register and let us know if you will be coming and would like to help with the service project.
You can also just come and hang out with fellow divers and non-divers with no obligation to take any courses. It is a great facility and we would love to see all of you during this weekend. Please keep in mind that children under the age of 10 and pets are not allowed at the Dive Resort. The cost of Admittance and Rental fees are below:
Admittance and Rental Gear Fees:
- Day Dives or Snorkel Entry Fee: $20.00
- Night Dives Entry Fee: $10.00
- Non-Divers or Visitors Entry Fee: $5.00
- Dive Package Rental Fee (Regulator, BC, Wet suit, tank, and weight system): $50.00
- Rescue Course$375$3750$0
- Refresher Course$100$1000$0
- Service Project Only$0$00$0